Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care of Medicine in the Department of Medicine is seeking a full time faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate based on training and experience. Candidates must have completed a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine and be board certified or board eligible in pulmonary disease and critical care medicine. Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Serving as an attending physician in the medical intensive care unit by schedule. The selected candidate will be expected to participate in day and night call activities according to schedule. Night call for CCM will be in-house by schedule.
- Teaching and supervising resident, fellow, and midlevel providers, including bedside teaching and supervision of medical care, didactic and simulation training, and supervision of procedures at the bedside.
- Performance of pulmonary and critical care medicine procedures consistent with the medical indications and your training in PCCM and provision of pulmonary consultative care with other faculty in the Division.
- As a certified pulmonologist, the candidate will be expected to see patients in their own clinic and/or supervise the fellows’ clinic, which is a shared responsibility. Clinic activities will only occur when the candidate is not serving as an attending physician in the MICU.
- Development of an intellectual interest in clinical pulmonary disease, medical ethics, quality improvement, clinical or translational research, critical care medicine, or the education of trainees in the Division, the Department, the Service Line, and the Institution is desirable.