At the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), we are looking for the best and brightest. We offer you the opportunity to be mentored by international leaders in a location that offers a great quality of life.
The UAMS College of Medicine, Department of Neurology, is seeking a neurologist with a focus in Movement Disorders. We have a rapidly growing multidisciplinary Movement Disorders program with 3 full time Movement Disorders fellowship trained Neurologists, a full time Advanced Practice Movement disorders nurse and two full time clinical nurses. We have an active Deep brain stimulator surgery program (approximately 45 surgeries a year and growing) in collaboration with two fellowship trained Functional Neurosurgeons and two clinical Neuropsychologists with interest in Movement disorders. We have access to all advanced imaging modalities (including DAT SPECT and PET), advanced therapies (including DUOPA) and a rapidly growing clinical trials program. We also have an active human physiology lab with specialized interest in Freezing of Gait in Parkinson’s disease that recently got funding from the Parkinson’s Foundation.
Duties also include:
· Inpatient call coverage rotation
· Clinical education of medical students and residents
· Development of clinical or scientific research for treatment of Movement Disorders
· Peer reviewed publications
· M.D. or equivalent and license to practice medicine or eligibility for licensure in Arkansas
· Completion of an accredited Neurological Training Program and Fellowship in Movement Disorders
· Candidate must be Neurology board eligible or board certified
Salary and benefit package is competitive and academic rank is commensurate with training and experience.
We think Arkansas is one of the best kept secrets in the country. We have welcomed new faculty from all over the world and believe we offer the best combination of opportunities and high quality of life. Learn more about living in Little Rock.