Assistant or Associate Professor – Obstetrics and Gynecology
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) and the Baptist Health System, operating jointly as the Baptist Health-UAMS Medical Educational Program, LLC, are seeking applicants for faculty positions to establish a new Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program that will be located in a state-of-the art, newly constructed educational facility on the Baptist Health Springhill campus in North Little Rock, Arkansas. The goal of this new program is to provide rigorous training for future Obstetrician-Gynecologists who seek to practice in community settings. Assistant and Associate Professor level positions are available. Applicants for an Assistant Professor position must show exceptional promise in teaching. Applicants for an Associate Professor position must have demonstrated excellence in teaching appropriate to the rank. Teaching will take place in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Candidates should be comfortable providing a broad spectrum of obstetrical and gynecologic care to medically complex patients. The academic faculty of this residency program will have opportunities to collaborate in clinical, teaching, and research endeavors with the faculty at UAMS.
Preferred candidates will have demonstrated capability, leadership, and experience in providing evidence-based and patient-centered OB/GYN care and in collaborating and coordinating care in clinical teams that enhance the patient experience. Candidates should have a commitment to excellence in clinical care, patient safety, patient satisfaction, education, and research.
The new residency program is committed to diversity and equal opportunity.
- Providing teaching instruction and supervision to residents and medical students in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Participating in mentorship of medical students and residents.
- Supervising the delivery of care to patients in assigned clinics.
- Collaborating in the development of standards of care practice guidelines and care maps as appropriate for outpatient and hospitalized OB/GYN patients.
- Participating in an ongoing interdisciplinary clinical quality improvement program.
- Participating in resident morning conferences, morbidity and mortality reviews, and other didactic sessions.
- Participating in fellow and resident interviews.
- Giving lectures/presentations to the residents.
- Performing minimally invasive gynecology surgery and OB/GYN call.
There also would be administrative and committee work in which faculty members are expected to contribute.
Qualified candidates must have a terminal degree (MD or DO), successfully completed a 4-year ACGME-accredited obstetrics and gynecology residency program, and Board Certified in obstetrics and gynecology. Licensure by the Arkansas State Medical Board will be required prior to commencement of employment. Commitment to excellence in clinical care, patient safety, patient satisfaction, and education is required.
Interested individuals should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written nominations, inquiries, and applications (including emails) may be subject to disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
UAMS is an inclusive Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence