UAMS is seeking a Transition Director to facilitate patient care, develop educational materials and refine the tools and practices in which young adults in General/Adolescent Pediatric and Pediatric Specialty Care are transitioned to the Adult-focused healthcare system. The transition director will spend 50% of her/his time leading care transition efforts [development of educational materials, teaching, facilitating implementation of transition tools, development of a transition support network] and 50% time providing direct patient care to facilitate the transition of young people with complex healthcare needs to the appropriate primary care medical home and/or subspecialty area. Some portion of this clinical time may also be in an academic general or specialty practice based on the qualifications of the successful applicant.
- Successful completion of Med-Peds, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Family Medicine Residency training and active Maintenance of Certification status.
- Demonstrated interest and practice in the care of young adults and adults with chronic pediatric healthcare conditions; with a record of achievement in this arena
- Experience with complex medical systems and collaboration with providers and teams in multiple specialties
- Proven ability as a leader.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix organization.
- Proven ability to work effectively and manage and lead by example.
- Proven skill in consensus-building, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) and effective presentation skills.
- [Preferred] At least 5 years’ experience as a faculty member at an academic medical center with a track record of successful achievement.
Please send curriculum vitae and letter of interest to email@example.com.