The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Department of Emergency Medicine has a 36 year history of excellence and is in the process of expanding our academic faculty. If you are already board certified, a rising senior resident and/or senior fellow interested in a fantastic academic opportunity, please contact me. Among the 8 Institutes at UAMS, the Translational Research Institute provides added infrastructure for promising investigators. As the only academic health center in the State, our institution has many unique research opportunities available and will provide start-up funds, mentorship, and appropriate non-clinical time to support our research mission.
We are looking for energetic EM academicians interested in building our already diverse faculty and residency program. Our institution has a leadership structure that is highly supportive of Emergency Medicine including our own Service Line. We have established and lead many local and statewide initiatives that can provide tremendous opportunities for service, education, and/or scholarship opportunities for new faculty members.
The following roles will be strongly considered:
- Vice Chair or Director of Research
- EM Ultrasound Fellowship Director
- Clinical and Basic Science Investigators
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package. Feel free to peruse our website to learn more about the UAMS EM family: www.uamsem.com
Live in a smaller city offering Southern hospitality recognized by the beautiful lakes, country charm, sunsets, and family-friendly atmosphere
• Arkansas ranks 3rd in cost of living, 14th in housing affordability and 7th in job equality and Arkansas ranks high in fiscal stability both in short term (13%) and long term (24%)
• A family-centric lifestyle offering various outdoor activities such as boating, swimming, hiking, fishing, and challenging golf courses
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org